Thursday, July 3, 2008

Just Remember What It's All About...

Photobucket

So, most of the country has the 4th of July off . This includes me , and my husband . John is a Submariner in the United States Navy. He has served this country for 7 years to date. currently he is not attached to a boat, however he is teaching those who are.

My husband and I have been a couple for 7 4th of July's . He has been home for 3 of those. I know there are many other military families who experience the same thing( along with Christmases, Thanksgivings, birthdays etc) . And before you say you knew what you were getting into" blah blah blah. This I know. But today I would just like you to remember as you have that beer at the family cookout , or take a bite of that hot dog . This day exists for a reason . It is not the unofficial start of summer . It is the day we celebrate our independence. Thank a Veteran. Do something nice for someone you know who serves, and lastly remember those who have lost their lives defending your freedom. I get all teary just typing it.

So please , have a very Happy 4th of July , spend it with those you love , spend it safely , and spend it remembering those who can't be with the ones they love..

No comments: