Monday, September 29, 2008

Oblique or Not so Bleak?

I ended up going to bed late last night, due to the fact that I woke up at Noon on Sunday. Before I go to bed, I do my usual nerdy things, check myspace , facebook and Google reader. Generally speaking at 12:30am there is nothing exciting to report. Until I saw it…… the headline “Becket has Oblique Injury”. I gasped. I was temped to wake my sleeping husband, who would have cursed me for doing so. I felt something in the pit of my stomach. I think it was the Red Sox post season hoping going down the tubes!



However I woke up this morning to more news. Beckett will pitch in Game 3. It made me feeling slightly better, but what does this really mean? Is this like Lowell’s oblique injury? He was out for 2 or 3 weeks! The playoffs will be over by then!! I continued reading this morning, article after article and listening to talk radio, some saying things will be a-ok. Others (like WRKO) saying the Angels have already discounted the Red Sox, and are preparing for the ALCS. I also learned that if by game 3 Joshy isn’t up to pitching Francona can make an in-series switch, pitcher for pitcher but that Beckett would be out for the entire ALDS and ALCS.
Let’s hope Red Sox Nation (I’m still not sure how I feel about this term) can look on the bright side of things for a while… Remember, the Yankees are HOME!

No comments: